The Bat - Alternate Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Right click on your account and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Transport' option from the menu tree
- Enter the SMTP server (provided with your AuthSMTP signup)
- Change the SMTP port number from '25' to '2525'
- Click the 'Authentication' button
- Tick 'Perform SMTP authentication'
- Select 'Use specific settings'
- Enter your AuthSMTP username / password (provided with your AuthSMTP signup)