Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Alternate Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised on your account in our Control Panel
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly
- Take a note of any settings you change
- Only change the items specified - you do not need to change your incoming settings
- These instructions are only for Microsoft Outlook 2016 - for other email programs please see How To Setup AuthSMTP
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!)
- To open Outlook 2016 click in the search bar in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen, type 'outlook' and then click on the program when it is displayed
- Go to 'Info' in the left-hand column
- Click on 'Account Settings'
- Click the drop-down button titled 'Account Settings...'
- Select your email account from the list
- Click the 'Change...' button
- Change the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)' to the SMTP server we supplied with your signup email, this is typically 'mail.authsmtp.com'
- Click the 'More Settings...' button
- Select the 'Outgoing Server' tab
- Tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Enter the AuthSMTP username and password we supplied when you signed up
- Tick the 'Remember password' option
- Select the 'Advanced' tab
- Ensure the 'Outgoing server (SMTP)' port field is set to '2525' which is the alternative SMTP port
- Click the 'Next >' button
- In the next window click 'Finish'
- In the 'Account Settings' window click 'Close'
- You should now be back to the main Outlook 2016 screen
- Close Outlook 2016 and then reload
- Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly