Microsoft Outlook 2007 - Default Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations -alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Load Microsoft Outlook 2007
- From the main screen open the 'Tools' menu and then select 'Account Settings...'
- Select your email account from the list.
- Click the 'Change...' button
- Change the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)' to the SMTP server we supplied with your signup email
- Click the 'More Settings...' button
- Select the 'Outgoing Server' tab.
- Tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Enter the AuthSMTP username and password we supplied when you signed up
- Tick the 'Remember password' option
- Click the 'Next >' button then the 'Finish' button
- You should now be back to the main Outlook 2007 screen
- Close Outlook 2007 and then reload
- Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly