Microsoft Outlook 2000 - Default Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Open TOOLS menu - click ACCOUNTS option
- Click the mail account to update to select it
- Change SMTP server to: mail.authsmtp.com
- Tick MY SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION
- Click the SETTINGS button
- Enter your AuthSMTP username and password
- Click OK and OK again to return to Outlook
- Close Outlook and the reload it