Opera Mail 9 and 10 - Default Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Go to the 'Tools' Menu and click 'Mail and Chat Accounts...'
- Choose the email account you wish to use with the AuthSMTP service
- In the 'Outgoing SMTP Server' section in the bottom half of the window change the 'Server' to the one in the confirmation email we sent to you
- Change 'Authentication' to 'AUTH CRAM-MD5'
- Enter the AuthSMTP username and password that was given to you in the confirmation email
- You should now be back to the main Opera 9.x screen
- Close Opera and then reload
- Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly
Are you having a problem sending email or looking for a reliable SMTP server?
AuthSMTP is the outgoing SMTP email service for your e-commerce website, mailing list or email program.
It works on most current computers or devices and solves many of the common problems with sending email such as relaying denied errors or blacklisting issues.
With instant setup, a money back guarantee and very low cost starter accounts you can test and start sending email in minutes with no risk.View Features