Mac Mail - Lion 10.7 - Default Port - Setup Guide
Are you using the latest version of Apple's Mac OSX?
Please see our Yosemite 10.10 Mac Mail SMTP server setup guide here.
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- These instructions are only for Mac Mail on Lion 10.7 - for other email programs please see How To Setup AuthSMTP or contact us.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Open Mac Mail on Lion by clicking the Icon
- Go to the Mac 'Mail' menu and click 'Preferences'
- Click on the Mac Mail account you wish to edit, you may have multiple accounts so if you do you will need to edit each one separately
- Click on the 'Outgoing Mail Server' drop down menu and select 'Edit SMTP Server List...'
- Click on the plus (+) button to add another SMTP server
- For the description enter 'AuthSMTP'
- For the Server Name enter 'mail.authsmtp.com'
- Go to the 'Advanced' tab
- Click on 'Authentication' and select 'MD5 Challenge-Response'
- Enter the AuthSMTP Username and Password that has been emailed to you
- You have now setup the AuthSMTP outgoing mail server
- Please ensure that 'AuthSMTP' is selected in the drop-down menu next to'Outgoing Mail Server'
- Close the window
- When prompted click 'Save' to keep the changes
- When you first click 'Get Mail' or go to send an email you may need to re-enter your AuthSMTP password
- All Done!