SMTP Outgoing Mail Relay - Anti-Virus Scanning
AuthSMTP operate an industry standard anti-virus engine that scans ALL email that is sent though our service, it cannot be disabled so it provides you with the peace of mind that your messages are scanned.
Features of Anti-Virus Scanning
- The scanning is transparent so you do not need to enable it or change any configuration
- The anti-virus signature files are checked for updates several times each day.
- If you received an email saying that a virus had been detected in an email you sent - the email would contain details of the date / time sent and name of the virus detected
- If a virus is detected the email message will be deleted and a message sent to the sender to advise them - nothing will be sent to the recipient
- This is NOT a replacement for running up-to-date anti-virus software on your own computer
- No anti-virus system can be considered 100% effective and in no event will we be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential losses
- This service will only work for outgoing email sent using our service - it does not scan your incoming mail
- Some email messages and file types cannot be scanned for viruses - we scan most compressed files - we cannot scan encrypted files and certain types of compressed files
- We do not guarantee to be able to scan all emails - if there is a problem with our anti-virus scanning engine the system is designed to bypass it and deliver the messages (although unscanned) to avoid problems with email delays
If you have any comments or questions contact us.