- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel.
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and
is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either
your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both
default SMTP port and
alternate SMTP port
configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the
normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Load Microsoft Outlook Express 6.x
- From the main screen open the 'Tools' menu and then select
- Click on the email account to modify - this will cause it to become
- Click on the 'Properties' button
- Click on the 'Servers' tab.
- Change the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)' to the SMTP server we supplied
with your signup email
- Tick the box next to 'My server requires authentication'
- Click on the 'Settings...' button
- Enter the AuthSMTP username and password we supplied when you signed up
- IMPORTANT: 'authsmtp.username' is an example - if your AuthSMTP
username was 'ab12345' enter it as that and *not* as 'authsmtp.ab12345'
- Tick the 'Remember password' option
- Change the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' port number to the alternate port
(port 2525 is recommended)
- You should now be back to the main Outlook Express 6.x screen
- Close Outlook Express 6.x and then reload
- Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly