- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and
is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either
your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP
and alternate SMTP port configurations -
alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP
access (as many do these days!).
- Load Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Click on 'Account Settings'
- Click the drop-down button titled 'Account Settings...'
- Select your email account from the list.
- Click the 'Change...' button
- Change the 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)' to the SMTP server we supplied
with your signup email
- Click the 'More Settings...' button
- Select the 'Outgoing Server' tab.
- Tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Enter the AuthSMTP username and password we supplied when you signed up
- Tick the 'Remember password' option
- Select the 'Advanced' tab.
- Ensure the 'Outgoing server (SMTP)' port field is set to '25' which is
the default SMTP port
- Click the 'Next >' button
- In the next window click 'Finish'
- In the 'Account Settings' window click 'Close'
- You should now be back to the main Outlook 2010 screen
- Close Outlook 2010 and then reload
- Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly